• Greater opportunities for MilleMiglia’s 4.6 million members to earn and redeem miles
  • Guests who register as new MilleMiglia members before February 28 will receive a double welcome bonus of 4,000 miles
  • Acquisition marks Etihad Airways’ third investment in a frequent flyer programme, with majority stakes also purchased in airberlin’s topbonus and Jet Airways’ JetPrivilege, alongside its full ownership of the Etihad Guest programme
  • Together, Etihad Guest, topbonus, JetPrivilege and MilleMiglia have a combined total of 14 million members worldwide
  • Etihad Airways now operates frequent flyer programmess for seven airlines around the world under its Global Loyalty Company (GLC) umbrella

UAE and Italy | February 3, 2015– Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has acquired a 75 per cent stake in Alitalia Loyalty S.p.A, the owner and operator of MilleMiglia, Alitalia’s frequent flyer programme, with Alitalia retaining the remaining 25 per cent stake.

Alitalia Loyalty will become part of Global Loyalty Company (GLC), a loyalty and lifestyle company that allows Etihad Airways and its partners to target the global loyalty market more effectively, whilst driving technology and back office synergies. GLC also consists of Etihad Airways’ Etihad Guest, airberlin’s topbonus and Jet Airways’ JetPrivilege programmess. Together, Etihad Guest, topbonus, JetPrivilege and MilleMiglia have a combined total of 14 million members worldwide.

The addition of MilleMiglia will lead to enhanced opportunities for members to collect and redeem their miles around the world. In addition, it will give GLC true global scale and a critical mass of valuable, high-spending consumers.